Bladder cancer is one of the most common cancers known to medical science. It is reported that men are at a higher risk of developing bladder cancer than women. Although it can affect individuals of any age, older adults are at a greater risk to have bladder cancer.
The bladder is located in the lower abdomen region and is a muscular organ. The internal lining of the organ is the first site where bladder cancer starts developing. While most of the time the problem is reported in the bladder region only, cancer can also affect other parts of the urinary tract drainage system in humans.
What are the key symptoms of bladder cancer?
The common signs and symptoms of bladder cancer include:
- Blood in the urine (hematuria)
- Painful urination
- Pelvic pai
If you are passing bloodied urine or urine that is cola coloured, you must consult your doctor at the earliest. It is not necessary that blood in urine is only because of bladder cancer as there can be any other infection or growth that can induce this condition.
Back pain and frequent urination are also common symptoms of bladder cancer.
Different types of bladder cancer?
There are three types of bladder cancer Urothelial carcinoma, Squamous cell carcinoma, and Adenocarcinoma. The origin cells of cancer decided that type of cancer in the bladder.
Who are at a higher risk of developing bladder cancer?
Some of the key risk factors of bladder cancer include:
- Smoking is one of the common reason as to when you smoke, you inhale a range of hazardous chemicals into your system.
- Age is also a common risk factor as the immunity of the body decreases with age.
- It is reported that white people are at a higher risk of developing bladder cancer than people of other races.
- Men are also more exposed to the risk of bladder cancer than women.
- Exposure to dyes, rubber, leather, textiles and paint products and chemicals used in their production can also increase your chances to get bladder cancer.
It is important to seek the right help at the right time to fight bladder cancer.